Monday, June 18, 2012

The Secret to Lump-Free Mashed Potatoes



Do you want to know the secret to perfectly creamy potatoes with NO lumps?  I know it may sound impossible, but trust me, you won't find a single lump!!  If you have ever wondered how gourmet restaurants are able to make perfect cloud-like and creamy potatoes, this is their secret!!!  Oh and did I mention you can throw away you potato masher?  The secret to perfect potatoes is this... 




A Potato Ricer!  You will never have lumpy mashed potatoes again.  They basically do all the hard work for you, and you will most likely have to start making double batches of your potatoes.  If you don't already own a Potato Ricer, and you love mashed potatoes, you should seriously consider purchasing one.  They are so easy to use and the clean up is easy.  I just throw it straight into the dishwasher when I'm done, and I don't have to worry about cleaning my stand mixer or hand mixer.

I have also used this on sweet potatoes, apples, and vegetables to make baby food purees and it works really well for that too.  I know a few people who even use their potato ricer to make some jams for canning, and sauces and soups!


I will be posting my recipe for Creamy Mashed Potatoes using a Potato Ricer tomorrow!  So easy and yummy!  The hardest part about making these quick and easy potatoes is not eating them all up before you serve them!!  I seriously have to make extra so that I can do plenty of "taste testing" before I serve them hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...